Soup made of beans and pork. Delicious and easy to make!
About this Recipe
“Soup beans have saved more lives than penicillin.”
– The Whitesburg (KY) High School newspaper The Black Cat.
Ingredients and Instructions
- Piece of Pork
- Pig’s Knuckles
- Soak the beans in water
- Drain the beans (reduce gas)
- Cook the beans in water with pork (Never use beef. Really, we’d never steer you wrong!) until they are tender.
- Eat the beans over crumbled cornbread and maybe chow chow.
- Optional – chopped onions on the beans gives them an extra zest
Serving should depends on how many beans you have prepare. In our house, there was a pot perpetually simmering on the back of the stove. It goes a lot further if you pair it with a delicious corn bread.